Melt in your mouth and full of veggies this oven baked pasta full is the comfort food of the day. Inspired by a fave cookbook from Chef David Rocco, but veggie boosted to become a #dietitianapproved recipe. Here is how I made it:
Oven Baked Pasta
- 1/2 lb rigatoni pasta 250g
- 3 tbsp olive oil 45ml
- 1 large eggplant cut in small cubes
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 cup frozen spinach 150g
- 15 black olives chopped
- 15 sundried tomatoes chopped
- 675 ml tomato purée
- ½ lb mozzarella cheese grated
- Hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package direction (reserve 1/2 cup pasta water).
- In a pot heat olive oil, sautée leek, garlic; add eggplant & spinach cook for 10 min. Add tomato purée & cheese. (Rinse purée bottle w reserved pasta water & add to pot) Mix in cooked pasta & transfer the whole mixture to a shallow baking dish.