Melt in your mouth and full of veggies this oven baked pasta full is the comfort food of the day. Inspired by a fave cookbook from Chef David Rocco, but veggie boosted to become a #dietitanapproved recipe. Here is how I made it:
- 1/2 lb (250g) rigatoni pasta ;
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil,
- 1 large eggplant cut in small cubes ,
- 1 leek sliced, 1 cup frozen spinach (150g) ;
- 15 each – black olives & sundried tomatoes chopped,
- 1 bottle (675 ml) tomato purée,
- 1/2 lb (250 g) mozzarella cheese grated.
- Hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package direction (reserve 1/2 cup pasta water).
- In a pot heat olive oil, sautée leek, garlic; add eggplant & spinach cook for 10 min. Add tomato purée & cheese. (Rinse purée bottle w reserved pasta water & add to pot) Mix in cooked pasta & transfer the whole mixture to a shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 min @ 400F.Serves 6. What’s your favourite pasta dish? #morethanfood #dietitiansarekey #cook #familymeals