Rapini with olives is one of my all time favourite veggie dishes. Rapini is an Italian style broccoli with a leafy head. Some say it’s like broccoli with a spicy bite. Sauteed rapini is becoming mainstream and as a dark green veg it’s also a terrific nutrition booster. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy as warm side dish or add to sandwich next day.
Rapini with garlic, chili flakes and olives
- 1 bunch rapini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 black olives, slivered
- 5 sundried tomatoes slivered (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash & chop 1 bunch rapini
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add rapini.
- Boil three minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add chopped garlic, sliced onion to olive oil saute for 5 min
- Add blanched rapini, sliced olives (and sundried tomatoes if using), chili flakes and toss together, cover pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove cover, season with black pepper and serve.