Diabetes and PRE Diabetes affect many people. If you have diabetes or PRE-diabetes you know that managing the condition is key to your health and wellness. This however can be overwhelming and some people aren’t sure where to start or how to get back on track. The good news is that type 2 diabetes can be prevented or delayed with appropriate lifestyle changes. 
Food is a key component in managing diabetes so having a dietitian as part of your care team will help you achieve your health goals.  There is not a simple ‘one-diet-fits’ all approach. A dietitian is a credible trusted nutrition expert who works with you to meet your individual goals. Here are 5 tips to help you manage diabetes.
- Focus on small gradual dietary changes that you can stick with.
- Keep portion sizes in check. Consider the plate method – making half your plate veggies.
- Understand carbohydrates – it’s not just sugars, but starch also breaks down to sugars!
- Monitory your blood sugar levels.
- Trust a Registered Dietitian with your nutritional health. You can DO IT, ask for help when you need it.